We are always looking for fun, energetic, willing people to help out! We want you. Volunteering helps you gain new skills and experience and we make some new friends! Look at our opportunities and see if there is something you'd like to help with.
Youth Summer 2013 Grants
ARE YOU A Cedar Cottage Youth Volunteer?
ARE YOU looking for a Summer Job?
Do you have an idea for an awesome project/program that involves people and is good for our neighbourhood? Do you want to make some $$$$ this summer, at least $500 for you and even some $$$ to do your Project. Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House wants to support you! We will pick awesome projects led by YOU!!
Fill out an application by June 17th and we will contact you about your idea!!
Download Poster PDF
Kensington-Cedar Cottage Newspaper team
Looking for people to join our editing, photography, design and advertising committees. Learn how to put together a newspaper!
Seniors' Friendly Phone Call Program
Bring a smile to a lonely face! Senior volunteers are trained and matched with an isolated senior to encourage friendly conversation. Contact the Seniors' committee for more info at 604-874-4231.
Ways we can help others - All of us have the ability to make a difference in some- one's life no matter where we are coming from. Here are a few suggestions written by members of the Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House Adult Day Centre
- Talk with someone who is feeling down.
- Visit someone sick in the hospital.
- Help someone who needs assistance with walking.
- Read to someone who cannot see very well.
- Give someone directions.
- Listen for someone who cannot hear.
- Help someone meet others.
- Call 911 in an emergency.
- Show someone kindness.
- Pray for someone.
- Help someone with zippers and buttons if their hands hurt.
- Phone someone who is lonely at home.
- Smile at someone.
- Have a sense of humour.
- Show someone patience.
- Help someone cross the street.
- Write down something for someone who cannot hear.
- Encourage someone to carry on.